Want us to expose your screens for you?
Exposing screens can be tedious and a bit of a pain if you’re only in need of a few, so why not take the guesswork out and get us to do it for you!
The key to getting screens to expose smoothly is artwork preparation and for us to be able to expose the screens we’ll need you to adhere to the guidelines below.
- Artwork will need to be changed to ‘Rich Black’. This is so that no light can pass through the design areas of the transparency. Please use the following CMYK make up – any other combination will not work.
C= 75, M = 67, Y = 68, K = 90
- Use a template. We either print our transparencies out on A4 or A3 paper. Make your file either of those and include A4 or A3 in the file name and if it is needed, portrait or landscape.
- Size your graphic correctly to the template you have created. That way, the graphic on the screen will be exactly the size you have made it and want it to be.
- Save as a PDF.
- Things to include in your email (so that we can choose the most suitable mesh count): What you will be printing on to (t shirt, card etc). The kinds of inks you will be using (fabric, acrylic etc) and any other information you think will be useful.
Things not to do:
- Send through multi coloured artwork.
- Send us .jpgs .pngs etc
We know this can sound daunting and quite the ask if you’re not super graphics savvy, but it makes the process so much smoother and ultimately gets you the best possible finished product.
How much does it cost? As a ball park, an A4 43T frame ready exposed is £24.95. Pricing goes up and down from there depending on screen size and mesh count. See Screen printing frames and screen exposure for more pricing details.
Ready to go? Email your artwork and requirements through to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get started!
If you’ve any questions, we are only a phone call away and are more than happy to talk through the process.
Likewise, if you’re trying to make transparencies at home and are having difficulty, we’re here to help! We've also got the best screen printing transparencies in the business, should you need to pick some up for your next project.
You'll also need a printer to print them out on if you're doing this yourself, it doesn't get much better than the Epson Stylus Photo 1500 W A3+ Printer. It's what we've used since the beginning and it's ideal for A3 & A4, and can keep up with the pace even if you're making screens all day long. Thoroughly recommended!
Share this post
- Tags: cmyk rich black, cmyk screen printing, screen printing artwork, screen printing trnasparencies, screenprinting exposure