In a hurry?
Mesh Prep / Degreaser ✨
Mesh Prep or otherwise known as Degreaser is a cleaning solution specifically designed to prepare and clean the mesh on a screen before applying emulsion for Custom Screen Exposure. It plays a crucial role in the screen preparation process to ensure adhesion of the Photo Emulsion and improve your overall print quality.
Advantages of Mesh Prep
Across all screens, whether they are new or used can accumulate dust, dirt, oils, and residue. When it comes to coating your screen with Photo Emulsion, if the screen is not properly prepared, it can hinder the proper bonding of emulsion to the mesh and fish eyes and blemishes in the coat.
Mesh Prep will allow for; smooth blemish-free emulsion, better emulsion adherence onto the mesh, easier exposure and washout and much sharper prints.
Applying Mesh Prep 🧽
The process of using mesh prep or degreaser involves applying the solution to both sides of the mesh and scrubbing gently with a soft brush or sponge. Afterward, the screen should be thoroughly rinsed and dried before applying the emulsion.
Instructions for use:
- Wet the screen to be treated with cold water.
- Apply a small quantity to both sides of the screen. Rub with brush or sponge in circular motion. Only a small amount is used per screen, so a 240ml tub will do a good 20+ screens.
- Allow to stand for a few minutes.
- Hose or wash off with copious amounts of cold water.
- Do not use hot water, as this may block the mesh.
- Allow to dry before applying stencils.
Overall, mesh prep or degreaser is a critical component of the screen preparation process in screen printing, ensuring optimal emulsion adhesion and contributing to high-quality, consistent prints.